Friday, June 3, 2011

Teach me Scottish . .



A British accent is one thing and a Scottish accent is another. I went on a tour of the castle in Edinburgh, Scotland and I probably understood about 70% of what the tour guide said. Seventy percent may sound like a lot but missing 30% is also missing a lot of information. Next time I’ll just have to stick to the audio tour.

Beyond the accents and the castles, Scotland is full of gems. Baked potatoes drenched in homemade mac ‘n cheese happened to be one of the more memorable gems. And if you know how I feel about mac ‘n cheese (and not the stuff out of the box) then you’ll know that I was happy as a lark.

I hiked Arthur’s seat, saw the Royal Yacht, walked the Royal Mile, pondered in the National Gallery, and ran to the top of Carlson Hill. Between the two views, I think I’ve seen a big chunk of Scotland. Okay, I probably missed more than 70% of it but the 30% that I think I saw but probably didn’t is a lot too.


1 comment:

Char@The Starter Home said...

SO I just found your blog and it looks like you are having so much fun in England! I am very jealous. The market, scenery and plays all look fabulous.I hope you enjoy every minute!