Thursday, June 2, 2011

Just me and my camera . .


Shopping with your camera is more fun than you think. I'm on a new kick, well it's not really a new kick, it's more of a lifelong plan. I like to collect things, or at least I used to. While in London, I'm not buying anyTHING. By that I mean, I'm not buying things - I'm just buying experiences.

If you haven't read this, then read it and you'll see what I mean - I gave you two links so go on and read it.

A few weeks ago a group of us went to Abbey Road and got our picture. Check that one off the bucket list. We arrived at 7 a.m. to avoid major traffic. I admire anyone who snaps this shot successfully. It's a challenge to dodge cars AND pose.

Shortly after we headed over to Portobello Market (you know the market from Notting Hill where Hugh Grant and Julia Roberts fall in love). It's just a few blocks from where I live and it's everything a market should be; lots of antiques, delicious food, fresh produce and fascinating people.

Here are three things I bought with my camera. Yes, even the camera is on a budget.

Cell phones are so overdone.
Yes, it's a door knocker. I've always wanted a lion on my door and now I'll have a functional lion on my door.
You can never have enough luggage and I'm sure it could double as a coffee table.
This is my kind of market.

1 comment:

J. Guest said...

I love watching the security camera overlooking the famous intersection on Abbey Road. You can't go more than 60 seconds without someone taking that picture. It makes me want to go there just to take the picture.