Monday, October 4, 2010

My Quest for True Washingtonianship . .



Lou (being the amazing sister in law that she is) sent me an envelope. In the envelope was a poem and a list. A poem of encouragement. And a list of 20 activities to become a “True Washingtonian.” Let the games begin.

As I complete these tasks (in no particular order) I’ll post a number, the requirement, and photographic proof.

The poem went a little something like this . . .

Scooter,

I want you to discover the places in D.C.;

Our heritage, our capitol, the land of liberty.

So here's a little something to occupy your time;

But keep your wallet in your pocket, cause you won't spend a dime. (Well, it depends).

Bring your camera at all times to document the fun;

I promise you'll be happy when this is said and done.

Take your friends, take some girls, hold a hand or two;

Who knows, you might even find a wife when this is through!

I know you will be hard at work, but the time will go by fast;

Do these tasks on weekends, to make the memories last.

I'm proud of what you're doing; you're becoming something great;

Enjoy this journey, have some fun, for your stories we will wait!

3 comments:

Lou said...

"Let the games begin" is right! I'm looking forward to A LOT of cool pictures. You won't be disappointed with your prize if you can pull it off...

P.s. You're looking good. So old and mature like a true washingtonian.

P.s. Again. Layth and I miss you. And Ty too. He just told me.

P.s. Again. He took four steps today.

Good luck!!!

Lou said...

I rule at writing poems.

Ashley said...

Scotty!! I couldn't agree more with Lou on how old and mature you are looking. DC is right up your alley. Can't wait to see the pics coming in. Have fun!! We miss you too!!