Thursday, November 6, 2008

Get a Clue!


Halloween was a riot. And please bless that you know what we dressed up as for Halloween! There's a girl with peacock feathers sprouting from her hat and I'm carrying a candlestick. Get a clue! So many times in life the answer is so plain that I don't recognize the obvious either. Do you ever make the same mistake over and over again and expect a different outcome each time? That is the definition of insanity and I show symptoms of this all too common disease daily.
Every once in a while it's fun to cut loose from daily life and be someone else - that's why I love Halloween. I chose to be Professor Plum: classy, smart and confident in purple - dreamy I know! (okay maybe not as dreamy as Edward but I'm trying). I feel like everyone's true colors are revealed on Halloween night and it's sometimes a little disturbing. There are tons of princesses which isn't surprising at all considering they usually have a tacky bumper sticky from the mall about how they're not spoiled and/or that they're the princess of the universe or at least of their daddy's world. The ones that really creep me out are the girls that seem to be so sweet but then they show up as a Playboy Bunny at a Halloween Party. Not to mention the fact that half of the boys over 13 show up dressed as girls. Just because it's Halloween doesn't mean that we don't recognize that they are living their fantasy through the holiday. Get a clue!

5 comments:

k.young said...

Scotty, I love you and I love that you are a blogger!! Check out my blog! You are a riot!

BALL said...

I have a clue and it sounds like you do too....

Lisa said...

Do you have something against princesses?

Calli Fox said...

I found you. hey I'm jelouse you went to Wicked. How about inviting an old married cousin and her two year old to come with. lol...

Jenefer said...

I LOVE the blog and you do look oh so dashing in plum!