Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Happy Birthday, Mr. President . .


We all have guidelines that we live by - written or unwritten. We find them in scripture, health and fashion magazines, employment requirements and in the people we love or envy.

I dabble in guidelines from all of the above, but I’m now adding George Washington’s list to the mix.

His list is known as the “Rules of Civility.” His rules were his primer on life. He learned them in school, wrote them down and then they became part of him.

I want to live by my guidelines in the depth that George did - I want them to become part of me.

Because his principles were clear he led a great people, who made a great land. And together they created a better world.

On February 22, 1732 a hero was born.

And two hundred and eighty years later he is still a hero. Happy Birthday, Mr. President.

No comments: